BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I haven't enough sense...

..., quite literally, to come in out of the rain. I went for a leisurely hour-and-15-minute stroll around the beach in the downpour today. During the walk, I found myself belting out parts of "Saturate Me", "Rain Down", and, of course, "Singin' in the Rain". It was pretty amazing to watch the waves slamming themselves against the rocks down at the shore. Two people asked me if I was alright (because why would anyone not in trouble be trudging along in that gale?), and two more asked me if I needed a ride. You know that stereotype about women being the more compassionate gender? Baaaaloney. (Or maybe they're just smart enough to know that only ia very crazy person would be out there.) Oh yeah, mom asked me if I wanted a ride too, but she kinda has to say that.

It was funny to watch the birds trying to fly down by the water - they weren't exactly going in the direction I think they intended!
Not so funny was the moment when I decided that I was quite done rain-walking - because I was nowhere near my house. Spirits and clothes dampened (drenched, really), I plodded my way back to the house, where I had mom take a picture of my sodden self (it might end up posted here someday with the caption "What rain"?). It was an experience.

0 comments: